Thursday, October 30, 2008

Here is my priority list for life:
Catholic first...Conservative second...American third...Republican fourth...
Why:
Obviously my religion takes precedent over everything else.

I am a conservative second because I love American VALUES. If America ceases to hold traditional Judeo/Christian values, I no longer love America. I may mourn terribly for its loss, but if the majority of the country votes my values out, I am out. Just as the immigrants came (and still come) to this country for a better life, they not only come for the economic opportunities, but for the values and principles inherent in "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" .

I am an American third and a Republican fourth because I love my country (what it stands for) more than my political affiliation. If Republicans stop being conservative and stop believing in liberty over equality (seems to be getting close), then I would change my party affiliation in a heartbeat. If America stops believing in liberty over equality, I would leave this country in a heartbeat. (of course I will continue to fight the good fight before that point) I am not an American no matter what its values are. I am not a Republican no matter what its values are. Immigrants came to this country because their home countries values changed, or they discovered that America shared more closely their values.

No comments: